Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Farewell

Friends,

Words cannot express how much I have enjoyed my time with you over the past year. I believe we have done great work in bringing people of faith together to support Marriage Equality in Iowa.

It is with deep regret that I inform you that my work with Interfaith Alliance of Iowa and the Faithful Voices program is at an end.

This was not an easy decision for me. I have loved my time here, both with the organization and in this great state. The Des Moines community has been more than kind to me and I was lucky enough to find a welcoming and warm faith home at Plymouth Congregational Church. However, as many of you know, in April of this year my husband moved to Pueblo, Colorado. After much prayer and consideration we have decided that the best decision for our family is for me to join him there. I am looking forward to continuing working for social and economic justice in that area.

I hope you will remember the value of having an organization that ensures that the voices of progressive people of faith are heard. The work must continue so that we may create a more civil, fair and free Iowa. Please continue to support Interfaith Alliance of Iowa with both your time and your resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment